Taalula's Transformation

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Get a life

A few months ago my kids Kindergarten(it's not an actual garden folks) teacher tells me what I need to do is get a life. It was an offhanded social remark made in an attempt to be supportive to my situation at the time. SHE does not remember saying it. I may remember it forever if Im lucky. Hot damn I think i've got a life now - the kind she was referring too. The kind that actually involves fun, meeting new people, taking chances, making choices and does not involve being a caretaker to anyone other than myself. Of course when Im working or being a mommy I do the caretaking thing constantly. I take it seriously. The comment Leah made was probably in reference to some caretaking advice I was esposing at the moment. Im good at advice. In the past few weeks I've given less advice, had quite a few moments where my job, my marriage, my kids were not at the forefront of my mind and not a topic of conversation at all. I believe the comment had more to do with balance than anything - that and what any one person at any one time constitutes to be "a life". All I know is that now i've got one - I'd be hard pressed to give it it up. Hot damn!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home