Taalula's Transformation

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The anti-christ stikes again (or Now I've gone and done it)

Tonite as I was cleaning up in the kitchen - I accidently threw away a stray ice cream tub top that was left lying on the counter. As a result, he (being the anti-christ) grabbed the children's chicken and broccoli out of hands and yelled, "Would you like it if i threw this away?" - I wonder if that was suppossed to be a rhetorical question? Later, I came up and asked him (yup a.c.) if he was still giving the kids a bath - I was met with silence. I possibly asked another question and was met with more of the same. So, I guess i've really gone and done it now - a crime that no amount of begging and pleading (ha- like that would happen) will erase - a crime that is irreperable with the possible exception of some saran wrap and a rubber band. Maybe i'll be lucky and the next 14 days of this marital co-existence will end in complete silence. It will be fun dividing the remaining furniture and signing this damn separation agreement without speaking.

My shalom-bayit is so close i can taste it baby!!!!

"ooh child things are gonna get easier - ooh child things will be brighter"

2 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger sparklestone said…

    All of it sounds like heading in the right direction.

    But the song? I mean, after destroying the school and all that other stuff he's sittin on the bus on the way to juvie and I always had the feeling things weren't gonna get much brighter. That sign that girl draped off the overpass, that might be the brightest it was gonna get.

    So, off the cuff, that's my suggestion. New theme song.

    Altho, it sure is catchy and stuck in my head.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Miss Kate said…

    You know, I have almost always wished I could be the one who doesn't say anything in a situation like that. The problem is that I think of SO MANY pithy things to say that it really does the other person a disservice to let them go unsaid. I mean, if I keep quiet, think how I'm depriving that person of all those growth opportunities by sharing my wisdom.

    So anytime you need responses and you're not getting 'em, you know who to call. I've told you before, I can say all those things that the other person is supposed to say, but I'm also pretty good at writing scripts that the other person needs to hear...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home